Jewelry and Your Health: The Shocking Facts!
Although most women and many men wear jewelry every day, they are completely unaware that it poses a serious health risk!
In fact most people rarely, if ever, clean their jewelry in any way, let alone, the correct way to ensure it is properly sanitized.
Don't make yourself SICK!!
Here are the facts you NEED to know!
* 60 billion dollars' worth of jewelry is sold every year in the U.S alone, and most of it is never cleaned. These un-cleaned pieces have been shown to have 10 fold higher bacteria levels than your skin - AFTER washing your hands!
* Jewelry worn in an everyday setting acts as repository for everything you touch: door handles, food preparation, any public place. Your jewelry then becomes a carrier for any potential pathogenic bacteria you come into contact with.
* 76 million people get sick, more than 300,000 are hospitalized, and 5,000 Americans die as a result of foodborne illnesses each year - CDC
* Approximately 5% to 20% of U.S. residents get the flu, and more than 200,000 people are hospitalized for flu-related complications each year- CDC
* 90% of common infections can be prevented by proper hygiene - Dr. Charles Gerba (Dr. Germ)
* When checked with a Hygiena ATP tester (the same device health inspectors use to test the cleanliness of surfaces in restaurants and hospitals) most jewelry surfaces have an ATP Hygiene Index in the 500 - 2,000 range. According to the Hygiena ATP Rating Levels of Clean, this puts jewelry in the category of "Very Dirty" (501-1000) or "Filthy" (> 1,000), carrying a danger classification with a "High risk of contamination from disease-causing bacteria."
Above information used with permission from AquaSonic Wave
When was the last time you cleaned your jewelry? Have you ever cleaned it?
MyVintageSpirit is working to remove this serious hazard to your health!
ALL MyVintageSpirit jewelry is put through extensive cleaning and inspection adhering to jewelry industry standards. Our vintage pieces are sent with an MVS Certificate attesting to their hygienic cleaning and authenticity. MyVintageSpirit is the ONLY vintage jewelry shop ensuring your health in this manner!
MVS Tips on cleaning your jewelry to ensure it remains hygienic:
* If you wear your jewelry daily or very often you should consider cleaning it weekly
* If you wear it only for special occasions, you should clean it either after each wearing or before putting it back into storage
* ALL real jewelry should be professionally cleaned on a regular basis
DIY CLEANING OF COSTUME JEWELRY